DU SPORT FEMININ
The 'Commission Nationale du Sport Féminin' CNSF which was set up in October 1992 by the Ministry of Youth and Sports, aims at sensitizing young girls and women about the benefits of the practice of sports. It also provides a host of Activities to encourage participation in a friendly atmosphere.
CNSF is considered as a pioneer in the African region by AWISA (African Women in Sport Association in promoting the practice of a physical activity by girls and women in Mauritius
Aims / Objective / of the CNSF
- CNSF is working in close collaboration with other Ministries concerned namely: Sports, Educational Institutions, Private Sectors and other related International Organizations for the promotion of sports and physical activities amongst women
- free Aerobics, Yoga, Tai-Chi, are held in Youth Centres & Community Centres
- Swimming & Aqua Gym session for ladies and women are held at Serge Alfred, Le Pavillon, Souvenir, Mare-D`Albert, Riv du Rempart Swimming Pools
- Aerobics, zumba, tai-chi, yoga, line dancing, Zumba step, Zumba dance are being held at the CNSF Gym, B-Bassin
- Badminton are held at the National Badminton Centre, Rose-Hill on Wednesday from 10h00 to 12h00
- regular monthly activities, which are held at regional and national level, include Mega Aerobics, Hiking, Beach Games, Omnisports, Swimming Gala, Rodrigues Activity, Brain Fitness games, Quiz, Girls and Info Conference in both urban and rural areas.
Board Members for the CNSF
CNSF Calenders of Activities
CNSF Gym Activities